Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Fact or Fiction?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member mrBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 1999
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Briguy -

    Much as I would love to believe that the set-up you have is capable of those kind of times, I just can't bring myself to be that charitable (even on Christmas day). Unless you have done some serious work on the block and/or head, there ain't no way you're getting those times. Unless of course you lightened the car to about 2200 pounds.

    ------------------
    Sammy
    s/c'd '94GSR


    [This message has been edited by mrBurns (edited December 25, 1999).]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member briguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't buy it. Most supercharged GSR have more performance parts than just the supercharger. My JRSC GSR has LSD, cam gears, exhaust/header/cat, J&S, etc. Bolt on some slicks and I run low to mid 12's.

  3. #13
    Silvino
    Guest Silvino's Avatar

    Post

    Mad respect to Lip because I know he has the skills to drag,period. I have to point a few things out though Lip. The costs to install all that stuff (which you got pretty cheap) and tune it for NA is going to cost you if you want to make the parts work. I also noted you used Civic HX rims, how small are those? I lost a .3 seconds on my 1/4 because I went to 16" rims from the stock ones. Most of the JRSC guys (not all) run their timeslips on their street setup which is street gas, street tires and at a normal launch. Using slicks and dropping the clutch at 6-7k RPMs isn't something most of us want to do to our car; it would ruin the reliability factor. ANyhow, no matter, Lip is still the man when it comes to bringing down them crazy timeslips.

    ------------------
    Silvino Orozco
    '97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,JR Fuel pump, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit


  4. #14
    Lip
    Guest Lip's Avatar

    Post

    Mad respect to Lip because I know he has the skills to drag,period.

    Thank you.

    I have to point a few things out though Lip. The costs to install all that stuff (which you got pretty cheap) and tune it for NA is going to cost you if you want to make the parts work.

    i understand...but if you do the install with friends and my dyno time has been free..then in my case its been cheap.

    I also noted you used Civic HX rims, how small are those?

    stock Civic HX rims are 14" and only weigh 11.75lbs each. One thing i have on ITR's is....using the GSR brakes etc....i can run small light rims. less mass = more HP. I do need to use a spacer though with these rims because the caliper hits the back of the rim due to offset. Its just barely touching and i could easily get away with trimming a tiny bit off the caliper.


    I lost a .3 seconds on my 1/4 because I went to 16" rims from the stock ones.

    yup...heavy.

    Most of the JRSC guys (not all) run their timeslips on their street setup which is street gas, street tires and at a normal launch. Using slicks and dropping the clutch at 6-7k RPMs isn't something most of us want to do to our car; it would ruin the reliability factor.

    ummm engine wear from launch? not really. tranny? maybe. axles? very well could. Put it this way...Greg Samaroo (vtec4gs) is laying down 435whp with 285 ft lbs of torque..and i don't believe he's broken an axle yet and he runs a gsr tranny with lsd. To me drag racing is a hobby..yet i kinda take it serious. didn't make sense to me to tear up my street tires at the drag strip so yes...i use slicks. for the 300+ i spent on slicks and rims....i got to really hook up at the track for fun and not abuse my street tires. One of the reasons i've used such small slicks and rims is because the more tire ya lay down...the more its gonna demand on the drivetrain. yeah...i get 1.8 60' times....but that has more to do with driving the car to most of its potential...then the width of my tires lowering the ET's. I use pump gas....i've never put a drop of gas over 94 sunoco in the car. i'm using the stock tranny inside and out. My personal opinion is....if the SC puts out 13's on street tires...then there is no way in hell it shouldn't be running mid 12's on slicks. I'm saying it MUST be capable of it but nobody has driven it properly to do it. I bust balls and all occassionally...but i honestly think i'm busting hump because i've put the numbers down...and some FI cars haven't for whatever reason. I honestly think that its the drivers and suspension setups more then it is the SC product. It makes no sense that a turbocharged honda gets 1.8-1.7 60' times...and i haven't seen a SC do it yet. I keep hearing everyone has traction problems and all....well so does everyone else making decent power. Sorry....i went off on a tangent...but i really am a fan off all types of induction cause i just care about having fun with racing.

    ANyhow, no matter, Lip is still the man when it comes to bringing down them crazy timeslips.

    thanks again...it means something.


    Jeff


    ------------------
    RacerX, Lip, ChicknWing, whatever.

    94' GSR, 13.38's NA and counting down. Type GSR-R...what a wonderful feeling 9100rpm's is!!!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •